Saturday, November 12, 2016

Super Easy Mercury Glass Succulent Planter DIY

Happy Weekend everyone!

With Thanksgiving just weeks away,
today I wanted to share with you
a Super, super easy and inexpensive DIY
to add a little natural element to your table setting.



I am seriously in love with Succulents and Botanicals!
Their beauty and 
how easy they are to take care of,
 make them  a 'no fuss' plant for me.
In fact, the more I ignore them, the more they thrive!
I water them once a week, and 
it doesn't matter if it's Hot or cold, Windy or rainy
they love it!
(except when they are over watered)

In fact one of my Flapjack succulents has about 4 or 5 baby plants,
that  I thought I would start replanting them.

On one of my Michael's trips, I picked up a plain $1 glass candle votive, 
and some (affiliate) Krylon Looking Glass Silver-Like Spray Paint ,
 and then used my 40% off coupon.


First, I sprayed a thin coating of the spray paint, careful not to get any inside, 
(since this is going to be a planter) 
which didn't take too long to dry,
and then I lightly misted it, with a spray bottle filled with 
a half water, half vinegar mixture, which causes little bubbles 
in the spray paint.
I let that dry and then gently patted it
with a cloth.
The vinegar/ water mixture gave the votive glass a faded mercury glass effect.

After the votive was completely dried, I filled it with a potting mix.
You could also use a mixture of sand and potting mix, 
or even a cacti potting mix to fill it.

Then quick and easy I removed the baby from the mother plant, by pinching it off.
It all ready had roots attached, and placed it gently in Mercury glass votive planter.
You don't need to dig too deep, just help the baby succulent to sit tight.
Gave it a little drink of water, and it was already to be set on my table.



 photo facebook 1_zpsd8r2j7ow.png photo pinterest_zpszfmqax5b.png photo twitter_zps5r2boynk.png photo tumblr_zpsrgzgt44z.png

No comments:

Post a Comment