Wednesday, December 7, 2016

A Simple Christmas Vignette, Sprinkled with Coastal & Vintage touches

It's starting to look a little like Christmas...


Yesterday, I finished my Christmas Chalkboard,
that I have been wanting to make for so long,
and I can't believe I hadn't made one sooner!
It was SUPER easy!!

I'll have more information on the chalkboard tomorrow, so
for today I wanted to share with you, how I pulled a few simple
Christmas decorations I had on hand, 
some traditional, some coastal, some vintage!


First, I picked up some red and white roses, and 
here is one tip, I just found out, and again,
I can't believe it took me so long to do this,
I went up to where they were cutting Christmas trees, 
and
simply asked if they had
any fresh cuttings left over!


With an armful of fresh greens and pretty roses, 
I headed home with the smell of pine,
lingering in my car.
That's what I love most, is
bringing in the smell of fresh greens,
into my home!

My Mother in law gifted me with a box, 
stuffed full with sea shells, starfish, and sand dollars.
I made these candlesticks last year,
by painting them with white chalk paint,
and simply hung the sand dollar with twine!


This precious, porcelain doll, was another gift from 
my mother in law to my daughter, Katelyn.
Love her tartan dress with gold trim, and her lovely blond curls.


Surprisingly, this vintage dresser is only a little worn on top.
The rest of it, the drawers and handles are all in perfect condition.
Very sturdy!
For next year, I haven't decided whether to just give it a 
refresh sanding, and new stain,
or stain the top and chalk paint the rest, for a 
contrast.


It broke my heart, the angel on top of the tree broke, after we moved.
Nana, gave it to me when she was down sizing 
her Christmas stash.
Easy fix, I simply hot glued a moonstone shell to the top!

Happy Wednesday everyone!
Wishing you a great rest of your week!
much love,
Christine

Please follow along with me!
 photo facebook 1_zpsd8r2j7ow.png photo pinterest_zpszfmqax5b.png photo twitter_zps5r2boynk.png photo tumblr_zpsrgzgt44z.png

1 comment:

  1. I love chalkboards in decorating! They always add a little bit of a different touch! LOVE how you fixed this vignette! Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete