Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Sparkly Seashell Ornament: An Easy Christmas DIY


This year has been fun to get my children involved in decking the halls, 
not with boughs of holly, but Sparkling Seashells!

My ten year old daughter really has that creative spirit,
and being a little girl, 
it's all about the glitter and sparkle!
You can never have enough glitter and sparkle.

Super easy and quick DIY!
We took one of the scallop shells, from the box
stuffed with shells my mother in law gifted us,
some white glue, you can use Modge Podge,
and super fine glitter!

Spread glue evenly over the shell, completely covering it,
and then cover the glued shell with glitter.

After the glue has dried, shake the excess glitter off of the shell!
Then, we took an ornament hanging wire, and
hot glued it to the shell!
Easy peasy!

If you want to embellish your ornament you can use like I did
and add a fresh water pearl, or some pretty ribbon
would add some pretty touches!

Remember to pin this to your CHRISTMAS pinterest board. You can follow me on Pinterest HERE and see all the fun Christmas things I’m pinning!
Did you know that you can follow me on TWITTER? Click HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I do not have a creative bone in my body...I try, but craft projects just never seem to come together! Love this ornament...and how awesome that the shell was from your mother-in-law! You need to fill me in...did you move or just change your blog a bit? Love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete